Bhujangasana is one of the very common and useful Asana, it is part of Hatha Yoga. You may have noticed that Bhujangasana is performed during the Surya Namaskar sequence.
Bhujangaasana name is derived from the Sanskrit language, which means snake or cobra. Also, this asana is known as sarpasana, which means in Sanskrit snake pose.
During this asana you need to lift up your upper body like a hood of a cobra while laying on the ground. In the beginning, you may not be able to perform the full pose, there you can simply do the Ardhbhujangasan, which means the half cobra pose.
Benefits of Bhujangasana
- Against thyroids and parathyroids, this asana is very effective. This Asana's effects go directly to thyroids glands, thereby it helps in reducing the symptoms.
- Those who suffer from kidney problem, especially to alcoholic person. This asana is good for overall maintenance of kidneys. Keep them into good health and shape.
- Those who mostly have a sitting job, due to bad body postures get frequent back pain. Cobra Pose is a very effective tool again back pain.
- Against asthma, it increases the capacity of the lungs and strengthens the entire internal surface of the lungs. Regular practice of these asanas reduces the asthma symptoms.
- Very useful indigestion, this asana helps in secretion of gastric juices and good remedy against constipation. Provides gentle massage to internal organs like stomach, liver, gall bladder and pancreas.
- Useful for sciatica patients, regular practice of Bhujangasana cures the sciatic pain once in for all.
- Helps in reducing stress, the adrenal gland which is responsible for our stress, located right on the top of kidneys. Cobra asana gives a direct message to this gland, resulting in a reduction of anxiety.
- Those who suffer from slip disc, by practicing this asana can get great relieved to their pain.
- Bhujangasana helps in proper secretion of our hormones from our adrenal gland, which is helpful in the alleviation of rheumatism.
- Kundalini activation helps in maintaining the proper balance among various nerve, plexuses, nerves and nerves cells.